We hope you love the products we recommend and just so you know that as an Amazon Associate EngineHoist.net may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are tired of using improvised hoists when working on your engine, then the Torin 32001 Foldable Engine Hoist and the Torin 32002 Engine Hoist with load leveller are two great options that will make your job easier.
Shop cranes (engine hoists) are a great way to keep your garage a safe place to work, while making things more efficient at the same time.
This article aims to simplify your decision and summarise the main features.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICK…
Torin Big Red -- T32001
|Details||Torin Big Red - T32001||Torin Big Red - T32002|
|Image||>> EDITORS PICK <<|
|Type||Hydraulic Engine Hoist||Hydraulic Engine Hoist with Engine Leveler|
|Brand||Torin - Big Red||Torin - Big Red|
|Wheels||4-inch, 6-wheel (casters) so you can move it around your garage with no problems||4-inch, 6-wheel (casters) so you can move it around your garage with no problems|
|Maximum Lift Capacity||2 ton (4000lb) - Car engines generally weigh between 200lbs and 1300lbs without the additional components, so 4000lb should definetly do the job!||2 ton (4000lb) - Car engines generally weigh between 200lbs and 1300lbs without the additional components, so 4000lb should definetly do the job!|
|Lifting Range||1" to 78.75"||1" to 93.75"|
|Shipping Weight||186 pounds||160 pounds|
|Shipping Dimensions||59.8 x 21.3 x 6.3 inches||60.2 x 11.8 x 7.3 inches|
|Features||Folding engine Hoist for easy storage||Folding engine hoist for easy storage|
|Availability||Check Availability||Check Availability|
To help you decide which of these engine hoists will suit you, here are the main differences between the Torin t32001 and t32002:
The Major Differences Between the T32001 and T32002:
- Weight -- The Torin T32002 2 ton folding engine hoist is lighter than the Torin 32001, as it weighs 160 pounds while the Torin’s T32001 weighs 186 pound. This means that the Torin T32002 model is somewhat easier to manoeuvre.
- Extra Feature -- Another major difference between the two hoists is that the Torin 32002 includes a 1500 pounds capacity engine load leveler. This feature is not included with the Torin 32001.
- Price -- Although there isn’t a significant price difference between the two, the Torin 32001 costs just a few more dollars than the Torin 32002.
- Customer Reviews -- There are substantially more customer reviews on the T32001, most of which are quite positive. a handful of reviews of the Torin T32002 claim that they did not receive all the required hardware with their order.
- Lifting Range -- The lifting range of the T32001 is slight shorter than that of the T32002: The T32002 can extend 15 inches further.
Both of these engine hoists are good choices (along with the added options); however, the differences between them can help you make a better decision about which one is right for you.